Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Best Kind of Prize!

And what's the best kind of prize? Why, a SUR-prise. Yeah, lame I know. I'm just excited because today my loverly fiance surprised me at work with three new polishes! He got me Vampsterdam from the new O.P.I. Holland collection and two from their new New York City Ballet collection; My Pointe Exactly, and Pirouette My Whistle. As much as I love a nice, dark vampy color, I decided to layer the other two tonight. 



My Pointe Exactly is a very sheer grey creme. It took me three coats for these pictures, but it does even itself out nicely.



Pirouette My Whistle is so pretty. It's completely unlike any other glitter I have! Instead of the glitter being bright and metallic, it's muted. Maybe matte? I'm not sure how to describe it. When I first saw swatches of it, I thought it was a dupe for Servin Up Sparkle, but the glitter isn't blingy at all, it's very elegant which goes with their soft shade ballet theme with this collection.
Over all I'm very happy with how this mani turned out. I think it's very understated and elegant while still having the glitter I crave!

No comments:

Post a Comment